Sunday 22 February 2015

A New Beginning

I sit.  It's quiet.  I happily type the words Chapter 1, and add a title for the section, that I know will likely change later.  The first line takes a little time.  Then the words come, as if they've been waiting to be found.  I see the fifteen foot stone wall, and it's heavy wooden doors.  I see the square, and begin to fill it with life.  My protagonist sits watching.  She's blissfully unaware of the journey I have in store for her.  It's going to be a difficult one.

My fingers move across the keyboard.  The words flow, then don't, then flow again.  Reread.  Rewrite.  As the scene unfolds, I see it clearer.  Faces emerge, sounds increase in volume, and there are smells in the air.  Images of what is to come flood into my mind, but I push them back.  It's not their time yet.

After three hours, I sit back.  There doesn't appear to be very much on the page, but appearances can be deceiving.  I smile.  The new series has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment